Wednesday 29 March 2017

Recent purchases for Feb and March 2017

My recent purchases for Feb and March are Religare Health Trust and Starhill Global Reit. The forecast yield for both companies based on my purchase price is >8% for RHT and 6.9% for StarHill Global. 

Religare Health Trust is my first healthcare stock. I bought it as I would like to have exposure to this sector as dividend income. RHT's dividend policy is to distribute at least 90% of its distributable income. The Trustee-Manager has distributed 100% of distibutable income since IPO. For the period ending March 2017, the Trustee-Manager intends to reduce this income to 95%. Even so, the yield would be more attractive compared to First Reit and Parkway Life. As at 31 March 2016, 64% of RHT's borrowings and loans are exposed to interest rate risk. This is a risk which investors need to take note of. 


The averaging down of StarHill Global would increase my existing holdings from 6000 to 9000 shares. My previous purchase price was $0.81. What I like about StarHill Global is the Management's ability to grow the DPU for the last couple of years. In order to protect the Group’s earnings from interest rate volatility and provide stability to Unitholders’ returns, Starhill Global REIT hedges substantially its interest rate exposure within the short to medium term by using fixed rate debt and interest rate derivatives including interest rate swaps and caps. Gearing is 35% and NAV is 0.92. It is currently trading below NAV and presents good buying opportunity at decent yield. Gearing is also healthy. My personal opinion is BUY at $0.73. But do your own due diligence before making any trade decision. 



No comments:

Post a Comment